By Xiaoyu Sun
This e-book offers a concise advent to the chinese language heritage, overlaying decades span extending from antiquity throughout the overthrow of the Qing Dynasty. old classes elaborated contain the pre-Qin interval; the Qin and Han Dynasties; the Wei, Jin, and Southern and northern Dynasties; the Tang, track, and Yuan Dynasties; and the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Written via a bunch of historians from the celebrated chinese language Academy of Social Sciences, the e-book has included many of the most modern learn findings within the box of chinese language old studies.
- All significant chinese language dynasties are coated in a concise demeanour. Encounters with the trendy period also are explored, along with beginning with the traditional Age in China.
- The authors supply newest study findings, giving perception to the fascinating chinese language history.
- This e-book additionally positive aspects many proper images and illustrations to aid readers comprehend the themes better.
1. the traditional Age.
2. japanese Zhou Dynasty.
3. The Qin and Han Dynasties.
4. The Wei, Jin, and Southern and northern Dynasties.
5. The Tang, music, and Yuan Dynasties.
6. The Ming and Qing Dynasties.
7. The past due Qing Dynasty and the Republic of China.
Read Online or Download A Chinese History Reader PDF
Similar china books
A desirable exam of up to date chinese language tradition, The chinese language brain bargains an informative, obtainable examine the values, attitudes and behaviour styles of recent China—and their roots within the historical past of this old nation.
This very good assessment of chinese language culture, heritage and tradition is ideal for the school room, for travelers or outsiders residing or doing company in China, and for uplifting dialogue between readers. overlaying every thing from the significance of Confucius, the nice chinese language thinker, to the effect of overseas speedy nutrition and games, this publication presents a wide-ranging glimpse into the probably opaque chinese language brain.
This publication examines how chinese language kin and enterprise networks, targeted round actions reminiscent of profit farming, together with opium, the rice exchange, and pawnbroking, and similar felony and labour association actions, have been hugely influential within the strategy of kingdom formation in Malaya. It exhibits how chinese language kinfolk and enterprise networks have been versatile and dynamic, and have been heavily interlocked with monetary and social constructions, round which executive, and states, constructed.
China satellite tv for pc Navigation convention (CSNC) 2013 court cases offers chosen learn papers from CSNC2013, hung on 15-17 could in Wuhan, China. The subject matter of CSNC2013 is: BeiDou program: possibilities and demanding situations. those papers talk about the applied sciences and functions of the worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc approach (GNSS), and the newest growth made within the China BeiDou process in particular.
An creation to the historical past of Pictorial paintings in Asia, specifically China and Japan.
- The Dark Forest (三体 - Three Body, Book 2)
- La vie quotidienne en chine : À la veille de l'invasion mongole (1250-1276)
- A Translucent Mirror: History and Identity in Qing Imperial Ideology
- Proceedings of the Tenth Seminar of the Iats, 2003. Volume 14: Old Tibetan Studies: Dedicated to the Memory of R.E. Emmerick (Brill's Tibetan Studies Library / Proceedings of the Tenth S)
- China A to Z: Everything You Need to Know to Understand Chinese Customs and Culture
- Internationalizing Teaching, Localizing Learning: An Examination of English Language Teaching Reforms and English Use in China (Language and Globalization)
Additional resources for A Chinese History Reader
In his forty years as prime minister, Guan Zhong carried out a series of reforms in economic, political, and military ﬁelds, and was an outstanding politician of the early Spring and Autumn Period. To develop the economy, Guan Zhong broke the limits of the Jingtianzhi (the well-ﬁeld system) by implementing a land grading-based taxation measure, which greatly increased the utilization of less fertile land. As the Qi state was adjacent to the sea in the east, Guan Zhong encouraged the trades of ﬁshing and salt production, appointed salt and iron ofﬁcials, and used state power to encourage the production of salt and iron.
In order to destroy the vertical alliance and pave the way for its eastward advance, Qin took advantage of the internal conﬂicts among the six states, and adopted the policy of “connect with the far, attack those close,” which meant befriending the distant enemy while attacking a nearby enemy and defeating other states one by one. The policy was called Lianheng (horizontal alliance). Many tacticians, collectively known as Zonghengjia, travelled around the states, advising the rulers to put their ideas into practice, such as Gongsun Yan of Wei state and Su Qin from Luoyang.
All these innovations greatly strengthened the national power of the Qi state. In the early Spring and Autumn Period, Duke Huan of Qi held the hegemonic state. 46 A CHINESE HISTORY READER Upholding the principle of “respecting the king and defending the state against the barbarians,” Guan Zhong assisted Duke Huan in uniting the neighboring northern countries to resist the invasion of people from the Shanrong nation. He once sent armies to relieve the states of Xing, Wei, and Yan, making great contributions to protecting the advanced economy and culture of the Central Plains region from the plunder and ravage of the barbarian tribes.